Since 1922, the sister plant has been producing measuring and cutting tools, mainly for defense companies;
Warning: Last items in stock!
Three CRANKSHAFT - COLOMBICS ShTs-120 mm / 5 inches of various manufacturers:
The first rare caliper, marked with the name of the company "KRAUSECO" (Austria) on a fixed caliper sponge, and marked on the reverse side of the rod "Patented jan.13 1924". The Austrian company KRAUSECO has been producing machines and equipment since 1905, and since 1926 it has been producing 3-wheeled light trucks, which were popular at the time. The Austrian Columbic was purchased in Ukraine, where it could have been brought after World War II as a Soviet trophy.
The second rare caliper does not have the name of the company, but with two original factory markings on the reverse side of the rod "+ Pat.14893 COLUMBUS. Engl.Pat.1954 ”and“ D.R.Pat. Patented Oct.12 1897 ", which indicates his age over 100 years. The manufacturer and owners of the nameless "Columbian" are unknown, as is the route to Ukraine (possibly when purchasing equipment in Soviet times, or in the form of Soviet military trophies).
The third rare caliper has the name of the German company "R.Flume" marked on the reverse side of the bar (at an angle to the bar, which is unusual) and the inscription "Patented jan.13 1924". Since 1887, the German company R.Flume has been engaged in a large wholesale trade in time and jewelry. Marking the name "R.Flume" at an angle to the bar may indicate the use of a rare "Columbian" for the company's domestic trade needs, its path to Ukraine, probably associated with numerous Soviet "trophies" after World War II.
All three of these rare calipers from the "Museum" MICROTECH have the following design features:
- Movable frames with complex U-shaped front-rear springs in the form of wings (unlike modern calipers with a flat spring between the narrow parts of the movable frame and rod);
Movable frames with front oval windows for reading indicators;
Two vernier scales (metric and inch) on both sides of the window on a movable frame;
Reduced lengths of external measuring jaws (up to 36 mm) and internal measuring jaws (up to 16 mm);
Reduced thickness of the measuring rod (up to 2.5 mm).
In Soviet times, by analogy with the "Columbians ShTs-120" all small calipers type 1 (ShTs-125-1 and ShTs-150-1 mm) with depth gauges, individual sponges for external and internal measurements were also called "Columbians" (sometimes - "Mausers").
There are several versions of the name Columbic, among which there are inaccurate versions with the name of the state in the United States and the eponymous name of the manufacturer. But in reality, the "Columbians" have different roots.
The world's first calipers (measuring ranges 0… 120 mm and 0… 5 inches, split price 0.1 mm and 1/128 inches) began to be produced by the English company "Rawco Co" in 1900. The official name "Columbus Caliper" calipers was given in 1905 from the German Adolf Phaifer Trading Co. The specified "Columbus Vernier Caliper" had measuring ranges of 0… 100 mm and 0… 4 inches at a division price of 0.1 mm and 1/128 inches. Even 110 years after their appearance, the name "caliper" can be heard from many experts in Ukraine.
Given the significant differences, the rare "calipers" were a transitional stage in the evolution of calipers, as modern vernier calipers have stronger rods (often made of hardened stainless steel), have a lower splitting price (0.02 mm) and less measurement error. 03 mm).
Modern calipers ShTs-125 and ShTs-150 have a discreteness of 0.02 mm, 0.05 mm, while precision calipers MICROTECH with a patented tared device have an error of 5 μm (replace 6 micrometers at the same time).